My Story



Hello, my name is Santhiya, I am 24 years old .I just graduated with a bachelor’s degree in Management last month, I would like to share my testimony and the wonderful journey I have been having with Jesus. He has been a faithful friend and a dad and He still continues to be faithful to me.


 I have had some rough times in life, got distracted and followed paths that I should not have, I let my weakness take control of me and went far away from Jesus, His word, His love and compassion.2010 March 16th was the day I was fully set free from my sins, guilt, shame and many more bondage's, I thank God for that day I was able to walk in freedom and I could enjoy His presence more. 

At the age of 20 I heard God talking to me and He clearly called me to do ministry. At that time I had no idea of how or which ministry to join in, I kept praying and looking for ministries.

During my second year of degree I worked part time in FSP Family Support Program. Its a project that helps single mothers who are widows, or those who have abusive husbands, as well as children taken care by their grandparents, empowering them to  take care of their children and keep their kids with them rather than putting them in institutions, FSP takes care of the educational expense of the kids, which enables the mothers to take care of their own kids, love them and enjoy the relationship and the feeling of living together.
Kids from FSP

 We also emphasize on building relationships with these families. This is our core motive, to be there for them in their greatest need and enjoy with them in their times of joy.
 So, while working part time for FSP, I fell in love with these mothers and their children. I enjoy being with them, enjoy the conversations I have with them, these were the moments I realized that this was the ministry that God was calling me to.

 It took me 3 years to realize that this is what Jesus wanted me to do. It is not a problem how long you take as long as you realize God’s calling in your life and you don’t ignore it.

      James 1:27 –Religion that God our father accepts as pure and faultless is this: to look after orphans and widows in their distress and to keep oneself from being polluted by the world.
Some of the mothers from FSP

   God’s heart is for the widows and the fatherless. What a compassionate heart our God has. The God we serve and love is full of wonders. I am honored to work for his kingdom.  FSP has been   continuously growing over the past years. God’s heart for these families is big. My prayer is that God will teach and nurture me in a way that will help this project grow. 
Community Leaders

  I have committed to work with the FSP project and also will be pursuing my Masters in Social Work simultaneously. As a  part of my work, I will be coordinating and communicating a lot with the families and helping with the administrative work and house visits. I will be going to the homes of these families, spending time and loving on them, listening to them and praying for them.
This is the best part of my work. Talking to the kids and encouraging them and also being an older sister to them. Sometimes they just need a person to listen and to understand them.
Educating girls on child sexual abuse and having a voice against it.

 I’m so happy and excited to see what God has in store for me through this project.  I’m thrilled to experience His heart in a deeper way. I hope to keep you all posted on this journey that God has set before me.







 PRAYER POINTS:

·         Pray that I will continue to be faithful to God’s calling in my life.

·         I find it really hard to trust God to be my provider, pray that I will have faith and learn to trust that God will take care of all my needs.

·         Please Pray that I will give my best serving these families and to do it as an act of serving the Lord.

Comments

  1. This is awesome. So proud of you and the fsp kids are blessed to have them on your side...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog